Empowerment through Automated Early Warning Scoring
Join us for an engagingdiscussion with our guest speakers on how automated Early Warning Scoring (EWS) aids in identifying subtle signs of deterioration in a general floor patient's condition at the point of care, hours before a potential adverse event. Caregivers and Rapid Response Teams can respond earlier - in time to make a difference.
Topic 1: How EWS combined with technology improve patient safety
Vital signs monitoring is a routine nursing process that is time consuming but very important in any patient care. Patient safety is a priority in ensuring quality care and poor clinical monitoring is associated with preventable events. Automated Early Warning Score has tackled these 2 clinical issues by digitalizing the work process and automating the clinical tool Early Warning Score. We will share our experience in Bagan Specialist Centre in adopting this and its improvement in our safety indicators.
Key learning points:
- By digitalising vital sign mornitoring, we simplify the high-value work in nursing care
- By automating Early Warning Score, we improve the effectiveness of the clinical tool Early Warning Score
- In adopting Automated Early Warning Score, it is important to have it fully integrated with existing HIMS/EMR for successful implementation and outcome
- Start simple and keep enhancing it
- Automated Early Warning Score improve patient safety by reducing unplanned ICu admission by 44%, reduce hospital mortality by 50% and reduce ICU mortality by 30%
Topic 2: Early detection, Empowered care
More patients care being admitted to the hospital with complex medical conditions. For an inexperienced nurse, it's not easy to make quick clinical decisions with regards to patient care, especially in a busy and fast paced environment. The Early Warning System is a customizable patient surveillance system, combining software, clinical decision support algorithms and mobile connectivity to help nurses identify effective interventions for the right patient at the earliest possbile time. It is an overall solution designed to aid nurses to accurately and quickly identify signs of deterioration, facilitating appropriate interventions to eliminate potential health events, thereby improving patient care, financial outcomes, clinical workflow and reducing patient's length of stay.
Key learning points:
- IntelliVue Guardian Solution (IGS) identifies significant deviations in a patient's vital signs
- The IGS EWS solution automates scoring of patient deterioration promptly as it is linked to the Philips Spot Check monitors and IntelliVue Cableless measurement
- EWS can be more reliable in identifying patient at risk than individual vital signs alone
- The system enales a tailored escalation plan suited to our hospital setting, allowing patients to receive appropriate management in timely fashion
- Respiratory measurements: IGS incorporates automated respiration rate into its EWS calculation. Respiration rate, which is not always captured correctly, is a critical factor in accurately predicting both sepsis and cardiac arrest
Delivery method: This is an online, self-paced course.
Duration: This course requires approximately 76 minutes to complete.
For all orders over $400.
Got a Query?
Call us at 1300 761 006
Contact us on online chat.